|We would like to share information and updates regarding financial aid for the 20/21 academic year. A similar message will be sent to financial aid applicants this week so they understand the process. We hope this information alleviates some of the stress our families are facing and answers questions you have been receiving.
· The application deadline has been extended to 7/24/20 to give families extra time to complete their 2019 taxes. 2019 taxes are required; we cannot accept 2018 or prior years’ taxes. Continue to encourage families to complete their applications as soon as possible, even with the extension to 7/24/20.
· Additional review will be given to families whose financial situation has changed due to the pandemic. Parents can add a note on the application if they’ve been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic (there is a comments section on the FACTS application).
· Futures will accept unemployment documents for 2020, to verify change in income due to the pandemic. Documents must be added to the FACTS application. Without documents to verify the situation, we will not be able to adjust income. Additional time may be needed to get through these changes.
· Families must be registered for 20/21 to be considered for an award; data from Option C data will be used to confirm registration.
· Awarding begins June 1st for income-eligible families with completed applications and will continue on a rolling basis, as funding permits.
· One award is permitted per student; once an award is determined funds cannot be added nor can they receive a secondary award. Please help explain this to families.
· When a family asks Futures for additional help, we will kindly let them know the above and encourage them to speak with their school administration so that you are aware of their financial situation.
· Once funding is exhausted and we are unable to award any further applicants, denial notifications will be sent. We will alert schools when funding has been exhausted. All award information is viewable in FACTS. Denials will appear as “finalized” with $0.
· To apply, returning families should log into their existing FACTS accounts (except for Teddy Forstmann, see below) and new families can go to our website:www.futuresineducation.org, click “Scholarships” and “Apply Now”
· Families must meet income eligibility requirements and be registered for 20/21 in order to be considered, they must apply every year and only completed applications will be considered. No consideration will be given for a family who has not completed the registration process.
· There is a non-refundable $35 application processing fee payable by credit card. Applications are available online in English and Spanish.
· Families who received a Teddy J. Forstmann (TJF) Scholarship from the Children’s Scholarship Fund (CSF) in the prior year have received instructions on how to re-apply from CSF. Please contact CSF directly for assistance: email@example.com
· Returning TJF parents should not apply to both Futures/FACTS and CSF/Civicore. Siblings can be added to their TJF application. Returning TJF recipients who also have a FACTS application will receive instructions to apply through CSF and the FACTS application will be closed.