Our Lady of Grade Catholic Academy is accredited by the Middle States Association. We offer a half-day Nursery program for three year-olds and a half or full-day Pre-Kindergarten program for four-year olds. Both programs emphasize intellectual, social, and spiritual growth.
The Rowland Reading Foundation has named Our Lady of Grade Catholic Academy a Super School, which enables us to offer students from Pre-K through Second Grade the Superkids Reading Program, a comprehensive phonics-based Reading and Language Arts curriculum. As a Super School, we also receive specialized teacher training, year round coaching, and tutor training for volunteers.
For 8th Graders we offer a Regents-based Math course, which consists of the 9th Grade Integrated Algebra I curriculum. For students needing academic support in Math and Reading, we create Individual Education Plans and provide special instruction. Graduate students from St. Johns University assist teachers in the areas of English Language Arts and Math.
Students become proficient in technology by taking Computer classes and using SMART Boards in their classrooms, which are wired for Internet access. Our students take classes in Art, Music, and Physical Education. We recently opened a state of the art Science Lab and Media Center.
Our Programs Include:
- Superkids Reading Program
- State-of-the-art Science Lab
- Integrated Algebra; Regents Math Program
- SMART Board Technology
- Internet Access in Every Class
- Comprehensive Italian Program: Grades 1-8
- Religious Instruction
- Daily Prayer, Weekly Mass
- TACHS, ELA, Math Test Prep
- Physical Education in Indoor Gym and Outdoor Play Area
- Classroom Libraries
- Art Classes
- Music Classes
- Emotional Literacy Program ? Yale University
- Partnership with St. Johns University
- Cube of Love Program
- Full-time Nurse
- Student Council
- Community Service
- CYO Basketball and Soccer
- Early Morning Drop Off, 7:30 am
- After School Program, 6 pm