This week, the fourth grade will…
- This week, the fourth grade will be finishing up the standardized Terra Nova exam.
- Wrap up our unit on fragments, run-on sentences, and compound and complex sentences.
- Continue Journey’s Unit 1 Lesson 3. In this lesson, our focus is: How are books and libraries important to people and communities? We will read the Anchor Test My Librarian Is a Camel by Margriet Ruurs and the Informational Text From Idea to Book by Kim Becker. Target Skills: Cause and Effect and Interpret Visuals Target Strategy: Visualize
- Wrap up Religion: Chapter 2 Jesus Leads Us to Happiness.
- Continue to research and write about the lives of saints in school.
- Work on Spoonly Saints projects in school.
- Begin Math Chapter 2: Multiply by 1-Digit Numbers.
- Begin Science Chapter 5: Earth’s Resources.
1.) Religion: Chapter 2 Test Tuesday, 10/23.
2.) Grammar: Fragments, Run-on Sentences, and Compound and Complex Sentences Test Tuesday, 10/23
3.) Reading: My Librarian is a Camel Comprehension Test Wednesday, 10/24.
4.) Science: Chapter 5 Lessons 1 and 2 Quiz on Wednesday, 10/30.
1.) Grammar: Review Compound and Complex Sentences Worksheet pages 125-126. Test tomorrow on Fragments, Run-on Sentences, and Compound and Complex Sentences. Study Grammar Workshop pages 24-39 and any worksheets that have come home.
2.) Religion: Study pages 32-42 for Chapter 2 Quiz tomorrow.
3.) Math: Complete Think Central Lesson 2.4 Estimate Products.
4.) Reading: Complete Cause and Effect – Coaster Kingdom Worksheet page 60. My Librarian is a Camel Comprehension Test Wednesday, 10/23. Be familiar with the vocabulary words found in the text on pages 74-75 and the story on pages 78-91. Skill/Strategy being tested is Cause and Effect and Visualization.
1.) Math: Complete Think Centrals 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3.
2.) Reading: My Librarian is a Camel Comprehension tomorrow. Be familiar with the vocabulary words found in the text on pages 74-75 and the story on pages 78-91. Skill/Strategy being tested is Cause and Effect and Visualization.
1.) Religion: Be sure that you have answered all of the questions (Biographical Information, Details of the saints faith journey, and Application to your life) on the Saint Research Report Worksheet. Have a parent review your research. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE THE REPORT!!!
1.) Math: Complete numbers 3 and 4 Worksheet Multiply Using the Distributive Property.
2.) ELA: Fill in Word Maps for Unit 3 words (attractive, consent (n.), dependable, indicate, and previous)
3.) Science: Quiz Wednesday, 10/30 on Chapter 5 Lessons 1 and 2