This week, the fourth grade will…
- Begin Spelling: Unit 1 Lesson 3 Short and Long i words from our Journey’s Textbooks.. (skill, crime, grind, tonight, brick, flight, live, chill, delight, build, ditch, decide, witness, wind, district, inch sigh, fright, remind, split)
- Begin to identify and write Compound and Complex Sentences.
- Wrap up Math Chapter 1 Place Value, Addition, and Subtraction to One Million. Begin Chapter 2 Multiplying by 1-Digit Numbers.
- Wrap up Storyworks nonfiction article Our Beautiful Town Is Gone. Be prepared for a Reading Comprehension Quiz.
- Begin Journey’s Unit 1 Lesson 3. In this lesson, our focus is: How are books and libraries important to people and communities? We will read the Anchor Test My Librarian Is a Camel by Margriet Ruurs and the Informational Text From Idea to Book by Kim Becker. Target Skills: Cause and Effect and Interpret Visuals Target Strategy: Visualize
- Begin Religion: Chapter 2 Jesus Leads Us to Happiness.
1.) Math: Chapter 1 Test Thursday, 10/10 Optional Think Central Assignments will be posted for review.
2.) Spelling: Short i and Long i words Quiz Friday 10/11.
3.) Religion: Chapter 2 Test TBA.
4.) Grammar: Compound and Complex Sentences Quiz TBA.
1.) Math: Complete Think Central Lesson 1.8. Chapter 1 Test Moved to Thursday, 10/10.
2.) Reading: Complete Storyworks: Writing a Summary Worksheet.
3.) Spelling: Put Spelling Words into ABC order. Quiz on Friday.
4.) Grammar: Complete Grammar Workshop page 27. Compound (Sentences)
1.) Math: Complete pages 53 and 54 in Text. Chapter 1 Test Thursday, 10/10.
2.) Reading: Complete Storyworks: A Letter of Hope Worksheet.
3.) Spelling: Write complete sentences for words 1-10. Remember to stretch out sentences. Quiz on Friday.
4.) Grammar: Complete Grammar Workshop page 31. (complex sentences)
1.) Spelling: Write complete sentences for words 11-20. Remember to stretch out sentences. Quiz on Friday.
2.) Grammar: Complete Grammar Workshop page 35. (fragments and run on sentences) Compound and Complex Sentences Quiz TBA.
3.) Math: Complete Think Central Chapter 1 Review. Chapter 1 Test tomorrow.
1.) Spelling: Write words three times each. Study words for Quiz tomorrow.
2.) Grammar: Compound and Complex Sentences Quiz TBA.