This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Vocabulary Unit 12.
- Continue working on Grammar Unit 6 and complete lessons on a variety of spelling rules.
- Review Chapters 11-15 of Frindle and prepare for an exam.
- Begin Math Chapter 8: Understand Fractions.
- Continue with Science Chapter 4: Where Living Things Are Found.
- Begin Religion Chapter 8: The Church Has Four Marks.
- Practice both Hail Holy Queen and In The Merry Old Lang of Oz for our upcoming performances.
Tests & Quizzes this week:
- Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 11-15 of Frindle: Wednesday, 5/8
- Vocabulary Unit 12 Quiz: Thursday, 5/9
Homework for the week:
- Vocabulary- Complete the Match the Meaning Activity on page 122.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading Exercise on page 218 using your knowledge of Lesson 48 Spelling Rules.
- Reading- Complete pages 3-4 of the Review Packet for Chapters 11-15 of Frindle.
Math- Complete Lesson 8.1, pages 447-448.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Synonyms & Antonyms Activity on page 123.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading Exercise on page 222.
- Reading- Study for your Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 11-15 of Frindle.
Math- Complete Lesson 8.2, pages 453-454.
- Vocabulary- Study for Unit 12 Quiz. Log onto Sadlier Connect and play games to help you study!
- Reading- Work on the Whole Book Review Take Home Test on Frindle. *Completed Take Home Tests due Friday, 5/10.*
- Grammar- Complete the Fill in the Blank Activity on page 226.
Math- Complete Lesson 8.1 Reteach/Enrich Worksheet (front and back!)
- Reading- Complete the Whole Book Review Take Home Test on Frindle. *Due tomorrow, Friday, 5/10.*
- Grammar- Complete Unit 6 Review on pages
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
- *Sign & correct Math Chapter 6 Test on Division, Spelling Unit 12 Quiz, and Reading Comprehension Test on Ch. 11-15 of Frindle by Monday, 5/13.*
- Continue working on your Social Studies Country Study Research Projects. Projects are due Friday, May 31st. Use www.kiddle.co as a great tool for kid-friendly research! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
- Continue practicing your times tables. This will greatly help you master your division facts! Use these helpful links:
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend