This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Spelling Unit 12
- Continue reading Chapters 11-15 of Frindle.
- Continue with Grammar Unit 6: Capitalization, Punctuation & Spelling with Lesson 47 and a number of supplemental activities.
- Complete Math Chapter 6: Understand Division and prepare for a chapter test.
- Begin Science Chapter 4: Where Living Things are Found and read and explore Lessons 1-3.
- Finalize our Children’s Books on Lent, Triduum, Easter & Pentecost with our buddies and share them with other buddy pairs.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Math Chapter 6: Understand Division Test- Thursday, 5/2
- Spelling, Unit 12 Quiz- Friday, 5/3
Homework for the week:
- Spelling- Write our Unit 12 words in alphabetical order.
- Reading- Complete the Reading Comprehension Activity on Chapters 11 and 12 of Frindle.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 214.
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
**Assignments given over break (Reading Comprehension Packet and Math Puzzle) are due by tomorrow, Tuesday, April 30th.**
- Spelling- Write sentences for Spelling Unit 12 Words #1-5.
- Reading- Write a Reading Log for Chapters 11 and 12 of Frindle.
- Grammar- Complete the “Writing Sentences with Quotation Marks” worksheet.
Math- Complete the Chapter 6 Review on pages 361-362.
- Spelling- Write sentences for Spelling Unit 12 Words #6-10.
- Reading- Complete the Reading Comprehension Activity on Chapters 13 and 14 of Frindle.
- Grammar- Complete the “Missing Quotes” worksheet.
Math- Study for your Chapter 6 Math Test on Division.
- Spelling- Write your Spelling Unit 12 Words 3 times each and study for your quiz.
- Reading- Complete the Reading Comprehension Activity on Chapter 15 of Frindle.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading Letter Activity on page 211.
- *Sign & correct the Reading Comprehension Test on Ch. 6-10 of Frindle and Chapter 6 Understand Division Quiz by Monday, 5/6.*
- Social Studies Country Research Projects are to be completed entirely at home. Projects are due Friday, May 31st. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please bring in a pack of index cards 🙂 We are running low!
- Continue practicing your times tables. This will greatly help you master your division facts! Use these helpful links:
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend