This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Spelling Unit 11 (unhappy, recall, disappear, unload, mistake, misspell, dislike, replace, mislead, disagree, rewrite, unroll, unknown, dishonest, react)
- Review and prepare for a Grammar Test on Unit 5: Pronouns on Wednesday.
- Review vocabulary from Chapters 1-5 of Frindle in preparation for our Reading Comprehension Test on Tuesday.
- Begin Math Chapter 6: Understand Division.
- Complete a research project on China in the Computer Lab.
- Review Lent, Triduum, Easter & Pentecost in preparation for a test next week.
- Continue our Children’s Book Religion Buddy Project with the 6th Grade.
- Continue reading Frindle, Chapters 7-10, and predicting, making connections, and asking questions about what we’ve read.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 1-5 of Frindle– Tuesday, 4/2
- Grammar Unit 5: Pronouns Test- Wednesday, 4/3
- Spelling Unit 10 Quiz- Friday, 4/5
Homework for the week:
- Reading- Study for your Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 1-5 of Frindle.
- Spelling- Write the Unit 10 words in alphabetical order.
- Grammar- Continue our assignment from today’s classwork. Write a sentence for each subject pronoun, object pronoun, and possessive pronoun. Be sure to underline the pronoun in each sentence.
Math- Complete Lesson 6.1, pages 305-306.
- Reading- Complete a Reading Log for Chapter 6 of Frindle.
- Grammar- Study for Unit 5: Pronouns Test.
- Spelling- Write sentences for Spelling Unit 10 words #1-5.
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
- Reading- Complete the Reading Comprehension Questions on Chapters 7 and 8 of Frindle.
- Spelling- Write sentences for Spelling Unit 10 words #6-10.
Math- Complete the Reteach/Enrich packets on Lessons 6.1-6.3.
- Reading- Complete the Reading Comprehension Questions on Chapters 9 and 10 of Frindle.
- Spelling- Write the Unit 10 words three times each and study for your Spelling Unit 10 Quiz.
Math- Complete Lesson 6.4, pages 323-324 (skip #5 and 6)
- Begin studying for your Quiz on China that will be given on Tuesday, 4/9. Study your interactive notebook (SS notebook), your Ancient China flipbook, and our Research Packet from the Computer Lab.
- Continue practicing your times tables. Use these helpful links:
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend