This week, the third grade will…
- Continue reviewing Author’s Purpose and incorporate Author’s Point of View using the NY Ready Book.
- Continue with Grammar Unit 5: Pronouns.
- Practice and qualify for the in-school Math Bee on 3/11.
- Continue working on Perimeter using supplemental materials.
- Complete Chapter 3: Types of Animals with a test on Tuesday, 3/5.
- Explore Simple Machines using Scholastic Magazine, Science Spin, in the Science Lab.
- Work on an Ash Wednesday project as we prepare for Lent and its start on Wednesday, 3/6.
- Begin learning our second Country Study on China by creating an interactive notebook.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Science, Chapter 3 Test: Types of Animals- Tuesday, 3/5.
Homework for the week:
- Grammar- Writing activity on page 167.
- Reading- Read & Respond on pages 176-177. Answer #1 (fill in the graphic organizer) and respond to #3 on the given page.
Math- Perimeter Word Problems worksheet.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading activity on page 170 of Lesson 37, Using I & Me.
- Reading- (NY Ready Book) Write an answer for the Short Response Question #3 based on “Snow Sculpture Contest” on page 181.
Math- Complete the Perimeter Critical Thinking worksheet. Use what you know about perimeter to answer these higher-order thinking questions.
- *Sign and correct your Spelling Unit 9 Quiz, Area Quiz, and Chapter 3 Science Test by Monday, 3/11 if you have not already done so.*
- Continue practicing your times tables. Use these helpful links:
No other homework! Enjoy the long weekend 🙂