This week, the third grade will…
- Participate in and cheer on those in our in-school Grades 3-5 Math Bee.
- Continue reviewing and expanding our Author’s Purpose and Point of View skills.
- Continue learning new lessons within Unit 5: Pronouns.
- Begin Vocabulary Unit 9.
- Compare and contrast Area & Perimeter and review using the Go Math Volume 2 book and ThinkCentral.
- Go on a field trip to Aviator Sports and Events Center!
- Take a Perimeter Quiz.
- Participate in a STEM challenge in the Science Lab using popsicle sticks and marshmallows.
- Continue creating our interactive notebooks about China.
- Prepare for and begin a Religion Buddy Project all about Lent.
- Complete Trimester 2!
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Perimeter Quiz- Wednesday, 3/13
- Vocabulary Unit 9 Quiz- Friday, 3/15
Homework for the week:
- Vocabulary- Complete “Match the Meaning” on page 92.
- Grammar- Fill in the blanks using Possessive Pronouns on page 174.
- Answer #6-9 on pages 184-185 based on the story we read in class.
- Reading Log due Friday, 3/15.
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Synonyms and Antonyms activity on page 93.
- Reading- Read “Jessie’s Jobs” and “Ice Cream Worker” passages answer the questions that follow.
- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
- Study for Perimeter Quiz tomorrow, 3/13.
- Vocabulary- Complete the sentences on page 94.
- Reading- Read “Animal Madness with Professor Al Ligator” and answer the questions that follow. Be sure to answer in complete sentences when necessary!
Math- Match each Area & Perimeter word problem puzzle piece with its correct answer puzzle piece. Cut and paste them onto the construction paper provided.
- Vocabulary- Study for Unit 9 Quiz. Log onto Sadlier Connect to help you study!
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 178 using what we learned from Lesson 39.
- Reading- Reading Log due tomorrow, 3/15.
Math- Complete the worksheet “Find the Area & Perimeter with Grids.” Be sure to note the differences between Area and Perimeter!
- Begin reviewing for our Reading Comprehension Test on Author’s Purpose, Predicting, and Point of View on Tuesday, 3/19. Utilize the NY Ready Book activities and the Reading Comprehension exercises we’ve been working on in class.
- Continue reviewing your Times Tables! It is so important to know these because our upcoming math topics all require strong multiplication skills. Use these helpful links:
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend