This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Spelling Unit 8: Compound Words (sunglasses, football, homework, haircut, popcorn, railroad, snowstorm, earring, scarecrow, blueberry, butterflies, lawnmower, campground, sandbox, toothbrush).
- Continue reviewing Grammar Unit 4: Adverbs.
- Read and explore a fantasy, “Prudy’s Problem,” by continuing to expand our knowledge of main idea, key details, and organizing our thoughts.
- Review Math Chapter 5 in preparation for our test.
- Begin Science, Chapter 3: Types of Animals.
- Begin a Liturgical Year Calendar Wheel in class Religion project.
Test/quizzes this week:
- Math Chapter 5: Title Test- Thursday, 2/7
- Spelling Unit 8 Quiz- Friday, 2/8
Homework for the week:
State of the Academy Meeting will be taking place on Monday, February 4th, at 7:00 P.M. in the auditorium. ***Parents, if you attend the meeting, your child will receive a NUT day.***
- Spelling- Organize Unit 8 words into ABC order.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 30 “More vs. Most” in the Unit 4 Review Packet.
- Complete worksheet pg. 73 “Main Idea: Monitor & Fix Up.”
- Reading Log due Friday, 2/8
Math- Complete the Chapter 5 Review on pages 296-298.
- Spelling- Write sentences for Unit 8 words #1-5.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 32 “Comparing with Adverbs” in the Unit 4 Review Packet.
- Reading- Complete worksheet pg. 75 “Vocabulary: Dictionary.”
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
- Spelling- Write sentences for Unit 8 words #6-10.
- Grammar- (Sadlier) Complete Unit 4 Adjectives and Adverbs Review on pages 152-153.
- Reading- Complete worksheet pg. 76 “Character.”
Math- Study for Chapter 5 Test.
- Spelling- Write the Unit 8 words 3 times each and study for Spelling Quiz.
- Grammar- (Sadlier) Complete the Unit 4 Review activity on pages 154-155.
- Reading- Reading Log due tomorrow, 2/8
- *Social Studies Quiz on Italy signed and corrected by Monday, 2/11 if you have not already done so.*
- Please bring in an extra folder for our “Done Desk.” Each student will have a folder dedicated to extra work he/she can work on once the regularly scheduled lessons are complete.
- Begin reviewing for Grammar Unit 4 Exam on Wednesday, 2/13. Use the Sadlier workbook and the review packet to assist you in studying.
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend 🙂 Happy birthday, Justin!