This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Vocabulary Unit 8.
- Continue with Main Idea practice using Reading Street resources from the unit “Prudy’s Problem and How She Solved It.”
- Review and prepare for our Unit 4 Grammar Test.
- Be introduced to Area and Perimeter and compare the concepts to what they already know about multiplication models, specifically arrays.
- Continue utilizing their Science Chapter 3 Vocabulary and review the eight words for an upcoming vocabulary quiz.
- Continue reviewing the Liturgical Year and begin Chapter 7: Ordinary Time,
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Grammar Unit 4: Adjectives & Adverbs Test- Wednesday, 2/13
- Science Chapter 3 Vocabulary Quiz- Thursday, 2/14
- Vocabulary Unit 8 Quiz- Friday, 2/15
Homework for the week:
- Vocabulary- Complete page 82, “Match the Meaning.”
- Grammar- Complete Adjective Review Worksheets pgs. 45 and 50.
- Read Fresh Reads: “Rania’s Sign” and answer #1-4.
- Reading Log due Friday, 2/15.
Math- Measure the length and width of your assigned rectangular object at home. Calculate the area of your assigned object and show all work in your math notebook.
Science- Begin reviewing your 8 vocabulary words and examples from Chapter 3. Science Vocabulary Quiz will be on Thursday, 2/14.
- Reading- Read and complete the corresponding questions in Reading Comprehension Skills Practice Test 2 Packet on pages 7 and 8.
- Vocabulary- Complete page 83, “Synonyms & Antonyms,” and page 84, “Complete the Sentence.”
- Grammar- Study for Unit 4 Test: Adjectives & Adverbs.
Math- Complete “Area in Square Units” worksheet. Use your multiplication fact skills and addition to solve.
Science- Continue reviewing your 8 vocabulary words and examples from Chapter 3. Science Vocabulary Quiz will be on Thursday, 2/14.
- Reading- Read and complete the corresponding questions in Reading Comprehension Skills Practice Test 3 Packet on pages 11 and 12.
- Vocabulary- Complete page 85, “Word Associations.”
Math- Complete “Drawing Area” worksheet. Draw or shade a figure that has the given area for each problem.
Science- Study the 8 vocabulary words and examples from Chapter 3 for our Science Vocabulary Quiz tomorrow.
- Reading- Reading Logs due tomorrow, 2/15.
- Vocabulary- Study for Unit 8 Quiz tomorrow.
Math- Complete “Multiplying Area” worksheet. Be sure to include units in each answer!
Friday- All of the following assignments are due upon our return to school on Monday, 2/25:
- *Math Chapter 5 Test and Spelling Unit 8 Quiz signed and corrected by Monday, 2/25 if you have not already done so.*
- Complete a Reading Log. Be sure to read no less than 20 minutes a night! Remember to reflect upon what you read using the sentence starters and comprehension questions.
- Create a Vertebrate/Invertebrate Booklet. Follow the directions and the rubric to make each section of the booklet and color in nicely. *This will be graded as a project.*
- Complete the “Awesome Area” worksheet. Use what we know about area to help you solve each problem.
- Please cover Go Math Volume 2 Workbook with contact paper.
Enjoy the winter break