This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Vocabulary, Unit 6.
- Continue reviewing Grammar, Unit 3: Verbs in preparation for an exam next week.
- Finish our class novel, Sideways Stories from Wayside School, and review Chapters 21-30 in preparation for an exam next week.
- Complete a character analysis of any Sideways Stories from Wayside School character (student’s choice!)
- Review Math, Chapter 4: Multiplication Facts and Strategies using a variety of activities in preparation for our exam on Thursday.
- Continue our Country Study #1 on Italy and prepare for a quiz next week.
- Work on a variety of Advent activities, including the chapter Religion workbook, to better understand this time of waiting and preparing for the birth of Jesus.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Math, Chapter 4: Multiplication Facts & Strategies- Thursday, 12/12
- Vocabulary, Unit 6- Friday, 12/13
Homework for the week:
- Vocabulary- Match the Meaning on page 60.
- Grammar- Complete pages 430-431 on Subject-Verb Agreement in the NY Ready Book.
- Reading- Complete a Reading Log for Chapter 30 [we already read this in class :)]
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Synonyms and Antonyms activity on page 61.
- Grammar- Complete the Unit 3 Review in our Grammar Workbook, pages 118-119.
- Reading- Write a Book Recommendation for Sideways Stories from Wayside School. Be sure to write in complete sentences!
Math- Study for your Chapter 4 Math Test.
- Vocabulary- Study for your Unit 6 Vocabulary Quiz.
- Grammar- Complete the Action Verbs worksheet.
- Reading- Finish your character analysis that we started in class.
- **Sign and correct all returned tests/quizzes by Monday, 12/16 if you have not already done so. Corrections should be done on a separate sheet of paper stapled to the back of the test/quiz and each question should be clearly labeled with the section and number.**
- Begin studying for your Reading Comprehension Test on Sideways Stories from Wayside School that will be given on Tuesday, 12/17. Look through the reading comprehension worksheets, activities, and reading logs sent home for each chapter.
- Begin studying for your Grammar Unit 3 Test on Verbs that will be given on Wednesday, 12/18. Study from your Grammar workbooks and the review packets sent home.
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend