This week, the third grade will…
- Complete Science, Chapter 2: Types of Plants with an assessment.
- Continue reviewing Grammar, Unit 3: Verbs.
- Continue to explore expository nonfiction and vocabulary in context strategies.
- Read Scholastic’s Geography Spin, “Life Near the North Pole.”
- Engage prior knowledge of and review Place Value.
- Make Christmas Crafts with our buddies in the sixth grades.
- Confess their sins.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Science, Chapter 2 Test: Tuesday, 12/18
Homework this week:
- Grammar- Complete Lessons 22 and 23 in Review Packet.
- Reading- Continue to work on your Reading Log (due Wednesday, 12/19). Remember to read 20 minutes a day!
Math- Complete page 7 in our Place Value Packet.
Science- Study for Chapter 2: Types of Plants Test.
- Reading- Complete your Reading Log.
- Grammar- Complete Lessons 24 and 25 in Review Packet.
Math- Complete page 11 in our Place Value Packet.
ELA: Reading- An additional Reading Log will be sent home today to be started over the break and due on Friday, January 4th. I advise my students to continue to read in 20-minute increments over the break so that their books stay fresh in their minds. Since it is a holiday break, I am asking that only 4, 20-minute reading sessions (minimum) take place from now until the reading log due date on January 4th (the Friday of the week we return to school). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Merry Christmas to my students and families. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday and all the very best in the coming year. Enjoy the break! I look forward to seeing your smiling faces in 2019. 🙂