This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Spelling Unit 6 (finish, pilot, even, wagon, music, silent, rapid, female, lemon, pupil, focus, robot, tulip, camel, salad [Challenge Words: resident, spinach, climate, tradition, innocent]).
- Continue with Science Chapter 2: Types of Plants and prepare for Vocabulary Quiz.
- Review Chapter 4: Multiplication Facts & Strategies and prepare for our Unit Test.
- Read “Penguin Chick” (Reading Street) and explore expository nonfiction.
- Begin reviewing Grammar Unit 3: Verbs.
- Continue to work on our Advent Lap Booklets.
- Read and explore Science Spin Article: “Think Big!”
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Math Chapter 4 Test: Wednesday, 12/12
- Science Chapter 2 Vocabulary Quiz: Thursday, 12/13
- Spelling Unit 6 Quiz: Friday, 12/14
Homework this week:
- Grammar- Complete page 114 Proofreading.
- Reading- Complete worksheet page 53 “Main Idea & Details- Graphic Organizers.”
- Spelling- Write our Unit 6 words in alphabetical order.
*Using the Renaissance Reading Assessment, find an appropriately-leveled book to read on your own to for our Reading Log program. Books will need to be approved by Mrs. Leto by Thursday, 12/13. The first Reading Log will be sent home on Friday, 12/14 and due on Wednesday, 12/19. These will be looked over and feedback will be given before we leave for Christmas break.* (if you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Leto)
Math- Complete Chapter 4 Review, pages 256-258.
Science- Begin studying Chapter 2 vocabulary terms for our quiz on Thursday.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 16 in Unit 3 Review Packet.
- Reading- Complete worksheet page 55 “Vocabulary- Context Clues.”
- Spelling- Write sentences for spelling words #1-5.
Math- Study for your Chapter 4 Test. Use ThinkCentral to access Math on the Spot Video Tutorials for any lessons that you’d like to work on.
Science- Continue studying Chapter 2 vocabulary terms for our quiz on Thursday.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 18 in Unit 3 Review Packet.
- Reading- Complete worksheet page 57 “Main Idea & Details- Graphic Organizers.”
- Spelling- Write sentences for spelling words #6-10.
*Reading Log Books due tomorrow for approval!*
Science- Study Chapter 2 vocabulary terms.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 20 in Unit 3 Review Packet.
- Spelling- Study for Unit 6 Quiz
- Reading- Use the Science Spin article “Think Big!” to complete “Lego Connections” Paired Text Skills Sheet.
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the assignment.
- Start studying for your Chapter 2 Science Test that will be given on Tuesday, 12/18. Use our many resources: the review sheet, worksheets we did in class, your textbook and notebook.
- Begin reading your approved book and start your Reading Log due on Wednesday, 12/19. Remember to read 20 minutes a day. These will be looked over and feedback will be given before we leave for Christmas break.
- Continue practicing your times tables. Use these helpful links:
No other homework! 🙂 Enjoy the weekend.