This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Vocabulary, Unit 5.
- Continue with Grammar, Unit 3: Verbs with Lessons 22-25.
- Continue reading Sideways Stories from Wayside School, Chapters 13-20.
- Practice our times tables facts in preparation for a Math Quiz on Wednesday.
- Wrap up Science, Chapter 3 and review in preparation for a test on Thursday.
- Continue with Religion, Chapter 3, and take an open-book test on it.
- Continue with Chapter 4: Multiplication Strategies with Lesson 4.6: Associative Property.
- Begin Religion, Chapter 4: The Church Begins.
Tests/Quizzes for the week:
- Chapter 4 Multiplication Facts Quiz- Wednesday, 11/20
- Science, Chapter 3 Test- Thursday, 11/21
- Vocabulary, Unit 5 Quiz- Friday, 11/22
Homework for the week:
- Vocabulary- Match the Meaning on page 50.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 102.
- Reading- Read Chapter 14 and complete the reading comprehension activity.
Math- Complete the Solve & Match worksheet.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Synonym/Antonym exercise on page 51.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 106.
- Reading- Read Chapter 16 and complete a Reading Log.
Math- Study your multiplication facts and strategies for the Chapter 4 Multiplication Quiz tomorrow.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Sentences on page 53.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 110.
- Reading- Read Chapter 17 and complete the reading comprehension activity.
- Vocabulary- Study for your Unit 5 Vocabulary Quiz. Log onto Sadlier Connect for a fun way to study!
- Reading- Read Chapter 20 and complete the reading comprehension worksheet.
Math- Complete Lesson 4.6, pages 227-228.
- Photosynthesis Flip Book Project due Wednesday, 11/27. This will be your last Science grade of Trimester 1. Complete the Reading Comprehension activity, then color and cut the flip book cover. On the lined paper, write two sentences about each part of the process of photosynthesis in the order of the cover page.
- Begin reviewing for your Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 11-20 of Sideways Stories from Wayside School. Look over the activities and reading logs sent home. The test will be on Tuesday, 11/26.
- **Sign and correct all returned tests/quizzes by Monday, 11/25 if you have not already done so. Corrections should be done on a separate sheet of paper stapled to the back of the test/quiz and each question should be clearly labeled with the section and number.**
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend