This week, the third grade will..
- Begin Spelling Unit 5 (proud, shower, hour, amount, voyage, choice, avoid, thousand, prowl, employ, bounce, poison, annoy, appoint, broil)
- Continue with Grammar, Unit 3: Verbs with Lessons 19-21.
- Take a Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 1-10 of Sideways Stories from Wayside School.
- Continue with our class novel, Sideways Stories from Wayside School, and read Chapters 11-13.
- Complete an assortment of multiplication activities in order to become more fluent in our times table facts and to prepare for a quiz next week.
- Begin Religion, Chapter 3: Christ Will Come Again.
- Continue with Science, Chapter 3 with Lesson 4 review, and read Lesson 5 and review.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 1-10 of Sideways Stories from Wayside School- Wednesday, 11/13
- Spelling Unit 5 Quiz- Friday, 11/15
Homework for the week:
- Spelling- Write our Unit 5 words into alphabetical order.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 90.
- Reading- Study for your Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 1-10 of Sideways Stories from Wayside School.
Math- Complete the Multiplication Mystery Picture. Use your notebook to solve the facts and follow the color code to complete the picture.
- Spelling- Write sentences for #1-10 of our Unit 5 ABC ordered list.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 94.
Math- Complete the Multiplication Word Search. Find multiplication facts in a row and write them on the lines provided.
- Spelling- Write your Unit 5 words 3x each and study for your Unit 5 Quiz.
- Grammar- Complete the Fill-in-the-Blank exercise on page 98.
- Reading- Read Chapter 12 and complete a Reading Log. Remember to explain your responses and to write at least 3 sentences.
Math- Complete “The Number Man” worksheet. In between two factors written in triangles is a circle. Write the product of the two triangle factors in the circle that connects them.
- **Sign and correct all returned tests/quizzes by Monday, 11/18 if you have not already done so. Corrections should be done on a separate sheet of paper stapled to the back of the test/quiz and each question should be clearly labeled with the section and number.**
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend