- This week, the third grade will be taking the standardized Terra Nova exam. Please be sure to read over the Terra Nova tips and strategies so that your child is prepared each testing day this week (as well as Monday, October 15th).
- Homework will be light this week. Science workbooks and notebooks will be sent home throughout the week in order to keep Chapter 1: Living and Nonliving Things fresh in our minds for an upcoming test (currently scheduled for Wednesday, October 17th).
- In addition to the Terra Nova testing, the third grade will:
- complete Religion, Chapter 3 and begin a Rosary Booklet project.
- continue with Reading Comprehension: Sequence activities using the NY Ready workbook.
- read and complete an article from Science Spin Magazine: “Roaring Back!”
- complete the Renaissance Reading Test in the Computer Lab.
- read and complete an article from Scholastic News: “Remembering The Storm.”
Terra Nova Testing Schedule:
- Tuesday, October 9th: InView Test (Sequences, Analogies, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning [Words & Context)
- Wednesday, October 10th: Common Core Multiple Assessments: Level 13, Reading (Parts 1-4)
- Thursday, October 11th: Common Core Multiple Assessments: Level 13, Language (Parts 1 & 2)
- Friday, October 12th: Common Core Multiple Assessments: Level 13, Mathematics (Parts 1-3)
- Monday, October 15th: Common Core Multiple Assessments: Level 13, Word Analysis (Vocabulary, Language Mechanics, Spelling, Mathematics Computation)
Homework for the week:
- Reading: (NY Ready Book) Lesson 3: Reading About Time & Sequence. Read page 38 and complete the chart on page 39.
- Reading: (NY Ready Book) Read “The Adventures of the Growing Nation” on page 40 and fill in the chart on page 41. Then, answer #3, Short Response Question, on page 44. Please write in complete sentences!
- Reading: (NY Ready Book) Read “William Becknell and the Santa Fe Trail” on page 42 and complete Parts A and B on page 43. Then, answer #3, Short Response Question, on page 45. Please write in complete sentences!
- Science: Begin to review Chapter 1: Living And Nonliving Things in preparation for our upcoming test on Wednesday, October 17th.
- Science: Continue reviewing Chapter 1: Living And Nonliving Things in preparation for our upcoming test on Thursday, October 18th. Please keep the workbook home to study from (it can be returned to school on Thursday, October 18th).
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend 🙂