This week, third grade students will:
- Begin Spelling, Unit 4 (clean, agree, teeth, dream, grain, coach, display, window, shadow, cheese, peach, braid, Sunday, float, thrown CW: entertain, complain, bleachers, willow, wheat).
- Continue reading Sideways Stories From Wayside School and prepare for a Reading Comprehension Test on Chapters 1-10 and chosen vocabulary terms to know.
- Continue with Grammar Unit 2: Nouns and begin to review in preparation for a test next week.
- Continue reviewing our 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10 times tables in a variety of ways as we prepare for a Math Quiz on Lessons 4.1-4.3.
- Continue to work on and finalize our Saint puppets and research in time for All Saints’ Day (November 1st).
- Dress up as their assigned saints for All Saints’ Day and attend a special school mass at 10 AM.
- Continue with Social Studies Chapter 2 and prepare for a quiz on vocabulary only. (location, continent, hemisphere, equator, nation, border, key/legend, distance scale, cardinal directions, population, capital city, suburb, rural, founder, settlement)
- Continue Chapter 4: Multiplication Facts & Strategies to Lessons 4.4 and 4.5.
- Continue to practice their two songs for our upcoming Veterans Day Show on Wednesday, November 7.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Math Quiz: Lessons 4.1-4.3 Times Tables for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10- Tuesday, 10/30
- Reading Comprehension Test: Chapters 1-10 in Sideways Stories From Wayside School (as well as vocabulary terms chosen by Mrs. Leto)- Wednesday, 10/31
- Spelling Quiz: Unit 4- Friday, 11/2
Homework for the week:
- Spelling- Write your spelling words in ABC order.
- Reading- Read Chapter 10 and complete a Reading Log.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 9 in the Unit 2 Review Packet.
Math: Study for Quiz on Lessons 4.1-4.3 (know your multiplication facts for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10)
- Spelling- Write sentences for spelling words #1-5.
- Reading- Study the assigned vocabulary and review Chapters 1-10 using your novel, your Reading Logs and the Reading Comprehension worksheets we’ve completed.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 11 in the Unit 2 Review Packet.
- Spelling- Write sentences for spelling words #6-10.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 13 in Unit 2 Review Packet.
Math: Complete Reteach Lesson 4.4 worksheet.
- Spelling- Write your spelling words 3x each and study for Spelling Quiz tomorrow.
- Grammar- (Sadlier) Complete the Unit Review on pages 68-69.
- Reading- Read Chapter 11 and complete a Reading Log.
Math- Complete the online assignment.
Social Studies- Begin studying for your Chapter 2 Vocabulary Quiz on Tuesday, 11/6.
- Continue studying for your Chapter 2 Vocabulary Quiz on Tuesday, 11/6.
- Start studying for our upcoming Grammar Test on Unit 2
- Continue working on your times tables!
- No other homework. Enjoy the weekend! Happy birthday, Gia! 🙂