This week, the third grade will…
- Complete the final part of the Terra Nova exam on Monday, 10/21.
- Begin Vocabulary, Unit 3.
- Wrap up our unit on Sequence and prepare for a Reading Comprehension Test on Wednesday, 10/23.
- Begin reviewing Grammar, Unit 2: Nouns.
- Begin Math, Chapter 4: Facts & Strategies with Lessons 1 and 2 (Multiplying 2 and 4, and 5 and 10).
- Review Religion, Chapter 2 using Sadlier Connect in preparation for our test on Tuesday, 10/22.
- Continue with Science, Chapter 3: Types of Plants by exploring Lessons 2-5 and working on the chapter vocabulary.
- Begin creating our Saint Puppets in class!
- Begin our first class novel, Sideways Stories from Wayside School!
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Religion, Chapter 2 Test- Tuesday, 10/22
- Reading Comprehension Test on Sequence- Wednesday, 10/23
- Vocabulary, Unit 3 Quiz- Friday, 10/25
Homework for the week:
- Vocabulary- Match the meaning of each new vocabulary word on page 30.
- Reading- Read and complete both sides of our Sequence review worksheet. (“The Rescue” & “Pencil Sandwich”)
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 10 in our Unit 2 Review Packet.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Synonyms and Antonyms activity on page 31.
- Reading- Study and prepare for your Reading Comprehension Test on Sequence.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 12 in our Unit 2 Review Packet.
Math- Complete Lesson 1, pages 195-196.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Sentences on page 32 using our Unit 3 Vocabulary words.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 14 in our Unit 2 Review Packet.
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
Science- Using the workbook, fill out the blank sides of our pre-cut index cards for:
Some cards ask for a picture, while others ask for sentences. Neatly answer the requested prompts in pencil.
- Vocabulary- Study for your Unit 3 Quiz. Log onto Sadlier Connect to help you study!
- Grammar- Complete the Unit 2 Review on pages 68-69.
- Reading- Complete the “Introduction” worksheet based on what we read in class today. Look back in the book to help you!
Math- Complete Lesson 4.2: Multiplying 5 and 10, on pages 201-202.
- Please send in any missing or other necessary supplies so we can continue working on our All Saints Day Puppets. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Leto at email@example.com. Reminder: this is an in-class project. If there is anything additional that needs to be completed at home, I will be sure to inform you with plenty of notice 🙂
- Begin studying for your Grammar, Unit 2: Nouns Test on Wednesday, 10/30. Study the review packet sent home in our red, take-home folders.
- **Sign and correct all returned tests/quizzes by Monday, 10/28 if you have not already done so. Corrections should be done on a separate sheet of paper stapled to the back of the test/quiz and each question should be clearly labeled with the section and number.**
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend