This week, the Third Grade will:
- begin Vocabulary Unit 2 from the Sadlier Vocabulary workbook.
- continue with Sequence activities from Reading Street supplemental books.
- complete Grammar Unit 1: Sentences with a review packet and sample tests.
- continue with Chapter 3: Understand Multiplication, Lesson 3.7
- review Math Chapter 3: Understand Multiplication.
- continue with Religion, Chapter 3: Christ Will Come Again.
- continue with Science, Chapter 1: Types of Living Things and completing an activity in the Science Lab.
- prepare for the Terra Nova exams by completing a Practice Exam on Thursday, October 4th and learning test-taking strategies.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Math Chapter 3: Understand Multiplication Test- Wednesday, 10/3
- Vocabulary Unit 2 Quiz- Thursday, 10/4
- Grammar Unit 1: Sentences Test: Friday, 10/5
Homework for the week:
- Reading– Sequence & Visualize Worksheet pg. 27
- Vocabulary– Fill in the Blanks pg. 20 and Synonyms and Antonyms pg. 21
- Grammar– (Sadlier) pg. 38 Proofreading Exercise with Run-on Sentences
Math: Lesson 3.7 Multiply with 1 and 0 pgs. 181-182
Science: **Due tomorrow, 10/2** Complete the 5 vocabulary flash cards for the following words and definitions:
- Life Cycle– The changes that happen to an organism during its life.
- Metamorphosis– A series of changes in appearance that some organisms go through.
- Larva– The stage of complete metamorphosis after and organism hatches from its egg.
- Pupa– The stage of complete metamorphosis where an organism is wrapped in a cocoon or a chrysalis.
- Inherit– To have a trait passed on from parents.
- Reading– Sequence worksheet pg. 28
- Vocabulary– Completing the Sentence pgs. 22-23
- Grammar- Review packet: Lessons 1 and 2
Math: Study for Chapter 3: Understand Multiplication Test tomorrow, 10/3. Study the Mid-Chapter 3 Quiz, the Chapter 3 Review on pages 183-188, and the vocabulary from the chapter (you can also use your Multiplication Strategies flip book for help with vocabulary!)
- Reading– Read “Makoto’s Garden” and answer questions #1-4 (be sure to write in complete sentences for #4!)
- Vocabulary– Study for Vocabulary Unit 2 Quiz
- Grammar- Review packet: Lessons 5 & 6
- Reading– Read “Basketball Practice” and answer questions #1-5 (be sure to write in complete sentences for #4-5!)
- Grammar- (Sadlier) pages 42-43 Unit 1: Sentences Review and study for Unit 1: Sentences Test
Math: Online assignment– Chapter 3 Understand Multiplication Post-Test- complete #1-19
- Please review the Terra Nova Test tips and strategies with your child over the long weekend.
- Please send your child in with his/her Physical Education Program Policy Letter Notice Receipt by Monday so we can turn them into Coach J.
No other homework! Enjoy the long weekend 🙂