This week, the third grade will…
- CELEBRATE CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK WITH FUN THEMES AND SPECIALLY PLANNED EVENTS! Please check the main Third Grade page for the planned, daily themes and the events scheduled for this week.
- Review vocabulary from previous units and vocabulary in context strategies.
- Continue with Grammar, Unit 4: Adverbs using both Sadlier and the NY Ready Book.
- Prepare for a Social Studies Quiz on our first Country Study: Italy.
- Create our very own Carnevale masks to wrap up our Country Study on Italy.
- Continue with Math, Chapter 5, Lesson 5.5 and Chapter 5 Review.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Social Studies Quiz, Country Study: Italy- Wednesday, 1/30
Homework for the week:
- Reading- (NY Ready Book) Complete pages 466-467 “Using a Dictionary.”
- Grammar- (Sadlier) Complete page 150.
Math- Complete #4 and 5 on Lesson 5.3 Enrich worksheet.
Social Studies- Continue studying for our Social Studies Quiz on Italy.
- Grammar- (Sadlier) Complete the writing activity on page 151.
Math- Complete Lesson 5.5 pgs. 291-292.
Social Studies- Study for our Social Studies Quiz on Italy tomorrow.
- Vocabulary- Read and answer the questions that follow for Units 1-6 Review on pages 64-65.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 27 in Unit 4: Adjectives and Adverbs Review Packet.
Math-Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
- *Sign & correct (on a separate sheet of paper) the Vocabulary Unit 7 Quiz and Reading Comprehension Test 7 by Monday, February 4th if you have not already done so.*
- Continue practicing your times tables. Use these helpful links:
No other homework Enjoy the weekend!