This week, the third grade will…
- Continue Vocabulary Workshop (Unit 7) and Grammar exercises on Adjectives.
- Begin learning about Point of View and Perspective in Reading with NY Ready.
- Continue applying Multiplication facts to different problem solving strategies.
- Finish reading and discussing Chapter 4: The Church Begins in Religion.
- Begin studying Classification of Animals in Science.
- Dress Down ($2) on Thursday, 1/16.
- No school on Friday, 1/17.
- Students will need their notes from their Italian language classes and many students took these notes home over Winter Break (classwork from our Social Studies Italy Unit may stay at home, but the students will need their work for Italian language class). Please bring any classwork from Italian language class back to school.
- Students will need to cover their Go Math Volume 2 books in contact paper for upcoming lessons (next week).
- Math Quiz on Lessons 5.1 and 5.2 (pages 259-274) – Tuesday, 1/14
- Vocabulary (Unit 7) Quiz – Thursday, 1/16 *date may be adjusted per students’ progress
- Religion Test on Chapter 4 (Open Book) – Thursday, 1/16
Homework for the week:
- Vocabulary – Match the Meaning on page 72.
- Reading – Read “Night-Flying Friends” in NY Ready on page 258. Fill out graphic organizer on page 259 and complete short response on page 262.
- Grammar – Comparing with Adjectives on page 134.
- Math – Study for 5.1-5.2 quiz on Using Multiplication Facts (pages 259-274).
- Vocabulary – Synonym/Antonym on page 73.
- Reading – Read “The Stable Boy and the Prince” on page 260 in NY Ready. Answer questions on page 261 and complete short response on page 263.
- Grammar – Comparing with More and Most, pages 136-137.
- Math – Lesson 5.3 Reteach and Enrich WS (pages 5-9 and 5-10).
- Vocabulary – Study for Unit 7 Quiz tomorrow.
- Reading – Read “Snow Sculpture Contest” on page 178 in NY Ready. Answer questions on Point of View on page 179 and complete short response on page 181.
- Grammar – Comparing Review – Assigned sentences in ELA notebook.
- Math – 5.4 Multiplication Strategies with Multiples of 10 on page 282.
Please correct any returned tests. No other homework! Enjoy the long weekend 🙂
**Please sign and correct all returned tests/quizzes by Tuesday, 1/21. Corrections should be done on a separate sheet of paper stapled to the back of the test/quiz and each question should be clearly labeled with the section and number.**