This week, the third grade will…
- Begin Vocabulary Unit 11.
- Begin Grammar Unit 6: Capitalization, Punctuation, and Spelling.
- Explore Chapters 6-10 of Frindle with various enrichment activities.
- Continue with Math Chapter 6: Understand Division, Lessons 6.5-6.7.
- Review our notes on China in preparation for Tuesday’s Quiz.
- Review our notes on Lent, Triduum, Easter & Pentecost for Wednesday’s Test.
- Continue working on our Religion Children’s Books Buddy Project.
- Read an issue of Geography Spin Magazine “Exploring Earth’s Extremes” and complete the associated exercises.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Social Studies Quiz on Country Study #2, China: Tuesday, 4/9
- Religion Test on Lent, Triduum, Easter & Pentecost: Wednesday, 4/10
- Vocabulary Unit 11 Quiz: Friday, 4/12
Homework for the week:
- Vocabulary- Complete the Match the Meaning activity on page 112.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 190.
- Reading- Write a Reading Log for Chapters 7 and 8 of Frindle.
Math- Complete the Problem-Solving Skills with Division worksheet (front and back).
Social Studies- Study for your Social Studies Quiz on Country Study #2, China.
Religion- Begin studying for your Religion Test on Lent, Triduum, Easter & Pentecost on Wednesday.
- Vocabulary- Completing the Sentence exercise on page 114.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 194.
- Reading- Write a Reading Log for Chapters 9 and 10 of Frindle.
Math- Complete the Divide by 8 & 9 Reteach worksheet (front and back).
Religion- Study for your Religion Test on Lent, Triduum, Easter & Pentecost tomorrow.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Word Associations activity on page 115.
- Grammar- Complete the Proofreading exercise on page 198.
- Reading- Literature Circle: Illustrator activity: Draw your favorite scene from Chapters 6-10. Be sure to include lots of detail so that we can guess each others’ scenes tomorrow in class!
Math- Complete the Array Puzzle worksheet for Chapter 6, Lesson 6.
- Vocabulary- Study for your Unit 11 Vocabulary Quiz. Log onto Sadlier Connect to help you study!
- Grammar- Complete the Punctuation worksheet and the Address Proofreading worksheet.
- Reading- Literature Circle: Question Leader activity: Create four discussion questions on anything that’s happened in Chapters 6-10. Use the sentence starters provided in the box. We will answer each others’ questions tomorrow!
Math- Complete Lesson 6.7 on pages 343-344 (skip #5 and 6 on 344).
- *Sign & correct your Vocabulary Unit 10 Quiz, Reading Comprehension Test on Ch. 1-5 of Frindle, Spelling Quiz Unit 11 and Grammar Unit 5 Test by Monday, 4/15.*
- Begin studying for your Reading Comprehension Test on Ch. 6-10 of Frindle that will be given on Tuesday, 4/16. Use the many resources sent home to study from!
- Continue practicing your times tables. This will greatly help you master your division facts! Use these helpful links:
No other homework! Enjoy the weekend