This week the third grade will…
- Review and prepare for a Reading Comprehension Test on Main Idea and Key Details as well as using Graphic Organizers.
- Begin Vocabulary Unit 7.
- Continue with Grammar, Unit 4: Adjectives and Adverbs.
- Continue with Math, Chapter 5: Use Multiplication Strategies.
- Continue exploring Italy as part of our Social Studies Country Study.
- Be retested in Reading using the Renaissance Star Program.
Tests/Quizzes this week:
- Reading Comprehension Test on Main Idea and Key Details- Thursday, 1/24
- Vocabulary Unit 7- Friday, 1/25
Homework for the week:
- Reading- Read “Coastlines” and answer questions #1-6.
- Vocabulary- Complete the Synonyms and Antonyms exercises on page 73.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 31, page 142.
Math- Log onto ThinkCentral and complete the posted assignment.
- Reading- Study for Reading Comprehension Test on Main Idea and Key Details.
- Vocabulary- Complete Unit 7, page 74.
- Grammar- Complete Lesson 32, page 146.
Math- Create your own Puzzle Word Problem using a multiple of 10 and a single-digit factor. Example: 20 x 8 (use the Puzzle Word Problem completed during class as a guide.)
- Vocabulary- Study for Unit 7 Quiz.
- Grammar- Complete Writing Activities on pages 143 and 147.
Math- Complete Lesson 5.4, pages 285-286.
Social Studies: Read and complete the Reading Comprehension activities for the passage about Leonardo daVinci.
- *Sign & correct (on a separate sheet of paper) the Religion Chapter 5 Test and Spelling Unit 7 Quiz by Monday, January 28th if you have not already done so.*
- Begin reviewing for our Social Studies Country Study Quiz on Italy. The quiz will be given on Tuesday, 1/29. Study the worksheets that have been sent home.
- Continue practicing your times tables. Use these helpful links:
No other homework Enjoy the weekend!