Welcome to Miss Marino’s 1st Grade Class Page!
1st Grade News for the week of 12/10/18.
*Saturday 12/8/18: Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
* Sunday 12/16/18: Brunch with Santa 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Monday 12/17/18: School Advent Mass 8:30 a.m.
* Tuesday 12/18/18: Children’s Vendor Sale
* Thursday 12/20/18: Christmas Show 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
* Friday 12/21/18: Breakfast with Santa.
* Christmas break from Saturday 12/22/18 to Wednesday 1/2/19.
What we are learning this week!
Phonics: We will be learning what high frequency words are and when to use them. We will be working on the sounds “one”, “ose”, “ow”, “ue”, “all”. We will also learn the sight words “and”, “it”, “in”, “he”, “she”.
Vocabulary: We will continue learning the words from Unit 4: Temperature, Protect, Hunt, Fierce, Huddle, Howl, Freezing, Hatch, Cozy, Slide.
Spelling: Our words for the week are: Lights, Merry, Mrs.Clause, North Pole, Present, Reindeer.
Super Kids: We will be reading the story Golly Helps and working on comprehension of the story.
Math: We will Be adding numbers of 10 and more using a ten frame.
*Science: Review for test on chapter 3A.
SS: We will learn about how our government works.
* Religion: How Jesus helped people.
Monday 12/10/18: ELA worksheet and Science worksheet
Tuesday 12/11/18: Math worksheet 171 and 172 and vocabulary write words 3x.
Wednesday 12/12/18: ELA worksheet and Vocabulary put in ABC order
Thursday 12/13/18: Math worksheet pg 177 and 178 and ELA worksheet.
Tuesday 12/11/18: Science Test 3A
Friday 12/14/18: Vocabulary test
1st Grade News:
* Monday 12/3/18 1st trimester ends.
* Tuesday 12/4/18 2nd trimester begins/ Field trip to Hall of Science K and 1. We will be leaving school by 9:15 and return by 1:30.
Wednesday 12/5/18 Vendor sale at Roma View.
* Thursday 12/6/18 Bake sale/ 12 noon dismissal for parent/teacher conferences.
* Friday 12/7/18 No after school.
Saturday 12/8/18 Feast of the immaculate conception.
Sunday 12/16/18 Brunch with Santa 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday 12/17/18 School advent mass 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday 12/18/18 Children’s Vendor sale
Thursday 12/20/18 Christmas show 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
* Friday 12/21/18 Breakfast with Santa. Christmas recess begins at 11:00 a.m. at dismissal. No after school.
* School closed for Christmas Vacation 12/22/18 to 1/1/19. Classes resume on 1/2/19.
What we are learning the week of 12/3/18:
Phonics: Work on the “y” sounds. Also work on the “ive”, “oat” and “one” sounds.
Spelling: New words: Candy, Carol, December, Decoration, Elf, Family.
Vocabulary: We will continue to learn the definitions of the words from unit 4: Temperature, Protect, Hunt, Fierce, Huddle, Howl, Freezing, Hatch, Cozy, Slide.
* Super Kids: We will be reading 2 stories Kites and Today I Got a Gift. The children will than answer comprehensive questions about the stories.
Religion: Review for test on Ch 4 about Jesus’ work among the people. We will start the next chapter 5 about How Jesus teaches us all about love.
*Math: Continue learning different ways to add. We added using doubles plus one and counting on.
* SS: We will be learning about Votiug and America’s symbols.
* Science: Learn how frogs grow.
Monday 12/3/18: Math Worksheet pg 159 and 160. ELA worksheet Spelling write words 3x each.
Tuesday 12/4/18: No Homework
Wednesday 12/5/18 ELA worksheet , Spelling ABC order
Thursday 12/6/18 ELA worksheet and Math Worksheet 165 and 166
Tentative Test Schedule!
Wednesday 12/5/18 Religion ch 4
Thursday 12/6/18 Spelling
Tuesday 12/11/18 Science Chapter 3 A
1st Grade News!
* Monday 11/26/18 School re opens after Thanksgiving break.
* Friday 11/30/18 Kindergarten open house.
* Tuesday 12/4/18 K and 1 Trip to the Hall of Science.
What we are learning this week!
Phonics: We will be learning the long “u” and long “e” sounds. We also will create sentences with te following sounds: “each”, “eam”, “eep”, “ice” and “ike”.
Super Kids: We will read the story when I am a princes and answer questions about the story.
Vocabulary: We will continue to learn our new words: Temperature, Protect, Hunt, Freezing, Cozy, Fierce, Huddle, Howl, Hatch, Slide.
Spelling: We will continue to work on our spelling words: Like, Use, Gave, Hose, Jay, Juice, Keep, Right, Own, Leaf, Bunny, Sky.
Math: Continue working on addition.
Science: Continue working on animals needs.
SS: Continue working on How our Government works.
Religion: continue learning about How Jesus taught everyone about God.
Monday 11/26/18: ELA worksheet and SS worksheet
Tuesday 11/27/18: Math worksheet p 147 and 148 and ELA worksheet.
Wednesday 11/28/18: ELA worksheet and Vocabulary use first 5 words in a sentence.
Thursday 11/29/18 Math worksheet p 153 and 154 Vocabulary use words 6 to 10 in sentences.
Tentative Test schedule!
Friday 11/30/18 Spelling Test.
1st Grade News for the week of 11/19/18!
* Tuesday 11/20/18: Police officers from the 106 will visit our school to collect the survival bags that we have made for them.
* Wednesday 11/21/18 Buddy Day Thanksgiving Feast. The feast will start around 10 a.m. after church.
* Wednesday 11/21/18 12 noon dismissal.
* Thursday 11/22/18 to Sunday 11/25/18 Thanksgiving Break No school.
* Monday 11/26/18 School is back in session.
* Friday 11/30/18 Walk to fight Diabetes. The students at OLGCA will be raising money to help stop diabetes. Children will receive sponsor forms before Thanksgiving break. All money will go to the JDRF in the name of 2 students of our school. Voctoria (1st grade) Jacob (graduate). The class with the most money raised will receive a special treat.
I want to take a moment to wish all students and parents from OLGCA a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. May God watch over your family during this wonderful time of year.
What we are learning this week!
* Phonics: We will be learning the long “U” sound. We will also learn the blends “ay” and “each”.
*Vocabulary: We will be introduced to our new Vocabulary words: Temperature, Protect. Hunt, Fierce, Huddle, Howl Freezing, Hatch, Cozy, Slide.
* Super Kids: review short vowel sounds.
* Math: Continue addition strategies.
* Science: continue working on animal needs.
* SS: Continue working on who are leaders are and what a law is.
* Religion: Learn about how Jesus was our teacher.
Monday 11/19/18: Math worksheet pg 141 and 142. ELA worksheet. Science worksheet.
Tuesday 11/20/18: ELA worksheet. Science worksheet.