What are babies ?
- What do human babies need?
- What can we learn about animal babies?
- How do babies change?
Enduring understandings that the student should have by the end of the unit:
- Human babies need special food and care
- Animal babies need special food and care
- There are similarities and differences in the ways babies are cared for.
- All babies grow
Here’s the warm up/ strength portion of the workout
(Ignore part 3 on this video)
emom5 50m run
emom5 100m run
emom5 150m run
emom5 200m run
- How do plants grow and why are they important?
- What are plants?
- What do plants need and where do we find them?
- What are some different kinds of plants?
- Why are Plants important?
- Plants are living things; every part of a plant has an important function.
- Plants grow from seeds and need water, nutrients and light to live.
- Plants are all around us.
- There are many different types of plants.
- Plants are important for many reasons.
What does water do?
Where can we find water?
What happens to water when it changes temperature?
What happens when we put things in water ?
How does water help us?
Essential Question: How and why do we use different kinds of lights?
What kinds of lights are around us?
What is darkness?
How does light help us?
What are shadows?