Here’s the warm up/ strength portion of the workout
(Ignore part 3 on this video)
emom5 50m run
emom5 100m run
emom5 150m run
emom5 200m run
This week, your children will be jumping into their academics! We are learning all about the letter Aa. We will look for the letter in our names, discuss what words begin with the letter of the week and will be encouraged to look for the letter in our environment and home.
In our Building Blocks (math) program, we are starting on numbers, quantity and developing the concept of the numbers 1-10. Our Math goals, or “Big Ideas” are
- that math includes number, shapes and patterns
- counting tells us how many
- Math can be explored through materials and movements
- Groups can be named with numbers.
Our first theme in our UPK curriculum is Welcome to Pre-K. We focus on the following questions:
- What will I learn in pre-K?
- What do I bring to my classroom community?
- Who are the people in my classroom community?
- Who else is in my pre-k program?
We will take building walks, meeting our nurse, janitors, principal, and other teachers and faculty members that are a part of our community.
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT IS THIS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH at 7 PM. Please meet in the gym for a parent’s meeting and then we will meet in the classroom.